Saturday, April 6, 2013

READING RESPONSE: GONE BY MICHAEL GRANT

I have just begun to read the first book in a series of books by Michael Grant. This book is called 'Gone', which is followed by 'Hunger'. Since I am only on chapter two, I don't know much about the book, but here is some information I am gathering: It takes place in an imaginary town in America called Perdido Beach. This town and surrounding areas are encased in a bubble, and everyone 15 and over mysteriously vanishes. Randomly, the people left in Perdido Beach and some animals develop supernatural powers, which assist them when trying to find the missing people. This book follows the adventures of the protagonist Sam Temple and his twin sister Caine Soren.
 
I predict that Sam and Caine will find a way to break out of the bubble, even though it appears to be impenetrable. They will probably go on a mission to find the adults who have disappeared. I know that these to characters gain a third companion, who is called Drake Merlin, who is insane, so I'm predicting that he will lead them astray.
 
Although I am barely 40 pages into the book, I can already see how talented the author Michael Grant is. He writes the book in three different characters perspectives, which is a very hard thing to accomplish. He develops each character separately, so they all have their own unique and distinguishing personality. I can't wait to get through this book so I can read the follow up, Hunger.

5 comments:

  1. hey Isobel,
    All in all you put detail and description! I love this book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, even though you only read 40 pages of the book, you still did a great job with details. Now i kind of wanna read the book, good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really got every ounce of information you could out of your 40 pages, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how detailed it was even though you aren't very fair into it. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job Isobel,
    I couldn't even tell that you were barely 40 pages into the book! You wrote so much i thought you had finished. Great detail and predictions. this looks like an awesome book to read judjing from what you have said about it!

    ReplyDelete